The Nextlabs Aerospace and Defense solution enable businesses to:
- Prevent Conflicts of Interest. Control internal information flow to avoid improper communication and collaboration that results in compliance violations.
- Maintain internal boundaries across the organization. Improve efficiency and reduce errors with consistent controls across applications and systems where data is communicated, distributed, and stored.
- Apply identity to determine who can collaborate. Enforce fine-grained policies to ensure only authorized users can share specific information under appropriate context internally.
- Automate user education and workflow procedures. Assist users to handle data internally with proper discretion by simplifying workflow, and avoid unintended misuse or data loss.
- Fully audit and report internal information disclosure. Monitor activities, discover risks, and remediate gaps to prove compliance with information barriers.
Identify, control and audit the flow of technical documents, to ensure confidentiality and demonstrate compliance to export regulations
NextLabs Aerospace & Defense solutions allow companies to provide protection for technical data and intellectual property that identifies users and technical data, controls data handling and export in line with policies, and audits to demonstrate compliance with regulations such as ITAR, EAR, German BAFA and UK Export Control Act..
The solution actively enforce controls that understand the context for appropriate data handling and export, while allowing normal productivity. Collaboration inside the enterprise, including remote offices and mobile workers, and outside the enterprise, including extended supply chain partners and outsourcers, can now safely take place. Improper disclosure is prevented and all activities are centrally monitored to demonstrate export control compliance.
The NextLabs Aerospace & Defense solution protects trade secrets and confidential information to enable safe collaboration and communication during research and development, and throughout the distributed and collaborative supply chains. The solution offers applications with best practice controls, compliance procedures, information policy objects, data protection libraries and reports. Policy sets can be easily customized to the environment or used as templates to create new policies. The solutions include:.
Export Control for Technical Data
- Allow only certified qualified personnel to distribute technical data, and only to qualified recipients within allowed locations who are members of the restricted project team.
- When users try to export (copy, upload, e-mail, transfer, etc.) technical data , automatically initiate a license approval workflow.
- Allow only export-certified project members to access and handle technical data; automatically initiate a project membership approval workflow whenever an unknown user attempts access.
Intellectual Property Protection
- Allow regulatory-controlled technical data to be stored only at locations accessible only by export-certified project teams (PDM sites, encrypted desktop folders, controlled file shares, etc.).
- Automatically encrypt export-controlled CAD/CAM designs when uploaded to approved supply chain partner FTP sites.
- Notify project managers and warn project team members whenever a user tries to export technical data outside of the export-regulated project collaboration locations.
Endpoint Data Loss Prevention
- Allow only approved project managers to copy any export-controlled technical data, and only to company-authorized USB removable media.
- Prevent even authorized users from exporting (saving, copying to USB, uploading, etc.) technical data whenever they are disconnected from the network.
- Allow technical data to be printed only inside the network, and alert the user to immediately retrieve technical documents during printing.