Application and Device Control is one of four core integrated capabilities of NextLabs Enterprise Data Protection. It allows customers to intelligently whitelist the use of specific applications, websites, and removable devices, through policies delivered by a central server to policy enforcement software that runs on desktops and laptops.
- Monitor and control the use of applications and removable devices, for online or offline computers
- Deploy as an integrated application in a comprehensive data protection suite that includes Data Loss Prevention and Rights Management
Enable Safe Use of Portable Devices
Limit the use of portable storage devices to an authorized set based on the type, brand, and model.
Stop Malicious Software from Accessing Sensitive Data
Restrict the use or upload of sensitive data only to approved software tools or web-based applications.
Maintain Business Productivity
Dramatically reduce false positives and false negatives by protecting data not only based on content, but also identity and context attributes.
Lower Management Costs
Lower management costs by deploying an integrated application in a suite that includes Rights Management, based on the XACML industry standard and integrated with identity and access management infrastructure.
Audit or Whitelist Application Use
- Create whitelists of authorized applications for different roles or users
- Audit or limit the use of personally downloaded applications or web applications
- Prevent use of applications when users are offline, remote, or logged into their computer using remote desktop sessions
Audit or Whitelist Removable Device Use
- Create whitelists of authorized removable devices based on type, manufacturer, model, or serial number for different roles or users
- Audit or limit the use of personal removable devices
Protect Sensitive Data
- Limit use of certain applications (screen capture, desktop sharing, file transfer) when user is accessing high-value data
- Prevent execution of unknown executable, which may be malware, from USB storage devices
- Detect keystroke logging USB hardware