The NextLabs Corporate Governance solution:
- Manages the protection, sharing and communication of board-level information. Persistently protects confidential information wherever the user is located, and ensures user adherence to policy.
- Educates the corporate governing body on the correct usage of confidential information. This is accomplished in a non-intrusive and intuitive way.
- Automate tasks, such as encryption, tagging, approval, of data transfer, to ensure safe handling of documents and data.
- Controls information sharing across communication and collaboration channels.
Identify, control and audit the flow of confidential corporate and board information, to ensure confidentiality and demonstrate proper corporate governance and compliance
The board of directors and members of the executive management team receive and create large amounts of confidential information such as: board meeting minutes, earnings reports, revenue plans & forecasts, sales pipeline, new business opportunity plans, operations strategies, and strategic business plans. These documents are among a company's most important assets. When such information is improperly disclosed, a company can suffer a competitive disadvantage, lose sales momentum, and damage its reputation.
Failure to comply with requirements like Section 406 of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) rules for protecting company confidential data can decimate a company's stock valuation.
Codes of conduct govern senior financial officers in public companies, and the more stringent requirements of the NYSE corporate governance listing standards govern personnel of listed companies. These NYSE listing requirements specify that companies must ensure employees, officers, and directors maintain the confidentiality of information entrusted to them, including all non-public information that might be of use to competitors or harmful to the company and its disclosed customers. These listing requirements also stipulate that companies must implement procedures and compliance standards that facilitate effective protection of confidential information.
Corporate Governance Compliance Applications
The NextLabs Corporate Governance Solution manages the protection, sharing, and communication of board-level information. It persistently protects confidential information wherever the user is located, ensures user adherence to policy, and educates board members and executive management on the correct usage of confidential information. This is accomplished in a non-intrusive and intuitive way.
The Solution is an integrated data protection solution that combines multi-channel communications control, information rights management, virtual information barriers, and host-based data loss prevention technologies with application, document, and device control capability. It performs real-time policy evaluation on or off the network. This comprehensive approach improves compliance and mitigates information risk..
A set of unique integrated Policy Assistants can alert members of the corporate governing body of any risky information activities and guide them toward safe information handling procedures. Policy Assistants automate many tasks, such as encryption, tagging, approval, to ensure safe handling of sensitive data. This is the only available solution that controls information sharing across communication and collaboration channels.
The Solution makes internal and external collaboration among board members and executive management safer and more secure, automating safe handling of confidential board information and ensuring proper access and protection of applications and data.
The NextLabs Corporate Governance Solution scales to meet the information protection requirements for the corporate governing body and works seamlessly with all applications. It is easy to use and maintain.
The NextLabs Corporate Governance Solution provides the following key capabilities:
- Secure Vault: Provide a secure location on the local drive to store board information and protect against unauthorized access.
- Secure Communication Channel: Provide a secure channel to exchange sensitive documents between Board Members, executive management team and legal counsel. Eliminate the use of unapproved communication channels such as Yahoo!, Gmail, or instant messaging for sensitive document exchange..
- Secure Collaboration: Establish a secure portal where information access and usage is monitored and secured.
- Approved Application: Allow only company authorized applications to access and share the board data so that it is protected against any inappropriate disclosure.
- Approved Usage: Control who can print or copy sensitive documents.