The NextLabs Data Security Standards, PCI DSS solution enable businesses to:
- Manage enterprise entitlements by enforcing consistent, enterprise-wide access control over stored cardholder data .
- Protect cardholder data with automatic encyrption before they are transmitted cross open, public networks.
- Prevent cardholder information from being sent by e-mail, IM or other communications channels to unauthorized recipients.
- Establish information barriers across communication and collaboration channels to restrict access based on business need-to-know.
Identify, control and audit the flow of customer data to ensure confidentiality, and demonstrate PCI DSS compliance
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS) is a worldwide security standard of technical and operational requirements for organizations that process card payments. They specify how credit cardholder and card authentication data must be stored, managed and processed to maintain security against credit card fraud, hacking and other threats.
Any company that processes, stores, or transmits cardholder data must be PCI DSS compliant and must validate its compliance annually. Non-compliant companies may lose their ability to process credit card payments, may be audited and/or fined as much as $500,000 per incident, and may lose their interchange discounts.
PCI DSS Compliance Applications
NextLabs' solution is a set of applications which include a comprehensive set of best practice policy libraries and reports required to support the PCI DSS requirements. Policy sets can be easily customized to the environment or used as templates to create new policies. The solution can help address many of the PCI DSS requirements, in the following ways:
- Identify compliance gaps to anticipate information risks
Protect Cardholder Data
- Manage enterprise entitlements by enforcing consistent, enterprise-wide access control over stored cardholder data across repositories and databases containing cardholder information, across the enterprise.
- Automatically identify and apply approved encryption on the transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
- Prevent cardholder information from being sent by e-mail, IM or other communications channels to unauthorized recipients
Maintain a Vulnerability Management Program
- Employ easy-to-use SDKs and tookits to rapidly develop and externalize applications entitlements or access controls to maintain secure systems and applications across enterprise data sources containing cardholder data.
Implement Strong Access Control Measures
- Establish information barriers across communication and collaboration channels, and deploy controls across data sources in order to restrict access to cardholder data according to business need-to-know.
- Provide a historical log of all access to documents, through dashboards and reports.
Regularly Monitor and Test Networks
- Track and monitor all access to cardholder data.
- Improve PCI DSS compliance with reports that expose gaps in security systems and processes.
- Educate and reinforce personnel on Information Security Policy and proper handling of cardholder information.
Using the NextLabs PCI DSS Solution, businesses can better demonstrate compliance to meet the PCI DSS annual audit requirements of Qualified Security Assessors.