Director of Systems Engineering
Location: San Mateo California
NextLabs is a security software company focused on developing mission critical next generation policy enforcement infrastructure and system software. NextLabs provides large enterprises with active, policy-driven control of their information network wherever and whenever it is used by employees, contractors and partners. Our policy management platform and universal enforcement solutions enable centrally managed information security control policies across all applications, data and digital business processes.
NextLabs is looking for a leader to expand its System Engineering organization. You will help build an organization to work closely with engineering, sales and professional services organization, help close deals and execute strategic solution for partners and customers.
This position requires a seasoned pre-sales professional with technical skills and management skills and prior experience as a manager or director of a systems or sales engineering organization. Candidates must have excellent communications skills and enterprise software pre-sales experience.
- Recruits, mentors, develops the sales engineering team.
- Refines the core sales engineering processes such as discovery, technical qualification, proof-of-concept.
- Establishes our credibility with technical evaluators and buyers.
- Develops solution and customer proposal.
- Develops and delivers product and solution demonstrations.
- Conducts proof of concepts (POCs) and technical selection projects.
- Participates in regional industry events/organizations as a thought leader.
- Collaborates with partners relevant to the accounts/territory.
- Works with sales management and clients to design, create and present business solutions to improve client revenue growth.
- Works with sales function in the development of account plans for larger clients.
- Provides advice and supports response to requests for proposals (RFPs). Presents recommendations and associated benefits to clients.
- Provides product and solutions training and education to sales and other areas of the company as needed.
- Promotes products and business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
- Collaborates with a variety of internal functional areas to ensure solutions are implemented and supported in line with client expectations.
- Gathers requirements for delivery team to help with solution design and level of effort estimates.
- Provides input on product development or enhancements to existing products to product marketing function.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience. Master in Business Administration is a plus.
- 2-3 years managerial experience.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills.
- Strong oral and written communications, and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong team leadership capabilities.
- Proven success in enterprise software sales and information security solutions in particular strong executive-level and security practitioner level communication and presentation skills.
- Influential and credible with technical buyers and executives.
- Practical understanding and working knowledge of information security and identity and access management software.
- Ability to accommodate relatively heavy travel.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are ambitious, self-assured, possess strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team. Travel will be required.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail your resume to:
2 Waters Park Drive, Suite 250
San Mateo, CA 94403
Attention: Human Resources