Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is one of four core integrated capabilities of NextLabs Enterprise Data Protection. NextLabs DLP analyzes sensitive data, applies persistent classification based on content, and prevents sensitive data loss across common communication channels, such as e-mail, instant messaging, web browsing, and USB drives.
- Monitor end-user activity on both on-line and off-line computers
- Prevent data loss via removable media (USB, FireWire, Bluetooth, CD/DVD-R) and network protocols (FTP, HTTP, e-mail, and instant messaging)
- Deploy as an integrated application in a comprehensive data protection suite that includes Rights Management
Protect Confidential Data
Prevent unauthorized disclosure of sensitive data to protect your business against financial penalties, brand damage and non-compliance.
Improve User Adoption with User-Centric Designs
Pre-built remediation workflow applications such as encryption and manager approval allow end users to self-remediate and improve productivity.
Maintain Business Productivity
Dramatically reduce false positives and false negatives produced by conventional DLP solutions by protecting data not only based on content, but also identity and context attributes.
Lower Management Costs
Lower management costs by deploying an integrated application in a suite that includes Rights Management, based on the XACML industry standard and integrated with identity and access management infrastructure.
Discover and Manage Sensitive Data
- Discover, tag, and optionally apply rights protection to sensitive data on endpoints and servers
- Monitor or limit downloading of sensitive data from servers to contractor or consultant laptops
- Automate document tagging when files are uploaded to SAP, SharePoint, file servers, and other enterprise applications
Monitor and Prevent Data Loss over Removable Devices
- Monitor or limit duplication of sensitive data to removable USB storage by certain groups of users
- Automate encryption of sensitive files being copied to USB drives
- Prevent users from accessing sensitive data on smart phones and MP3 players
Monitor and Prevent Data Loss over Network Channels
- Monitor and limit distribution of sensitive data using e-mail, IM, etc. based on identity attributes, such as user role, nationality, and project membership
- Prevent uploading of sensitive data to public webmail accounts, while allowing this data to be uploaded to approved SaaS applications like salesforce.com
- Automate rights protection on content sensitive files being attached to e-mail or IM messages
- Allow only authorized users to transfer data over FTP, SFTP or FTPS to specific servers
- Monitor and limit the transfer of sensitive data over network protocols such as FTP, SFTP, FTPS, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, BitTorrent, Gnutella, IMAP, Jabber, rsync, WebDav, NFS, SMB, CIFS, and more.