The NextLabs Entitlement Management for File Server solution provides:
- Out-of-the-box integration with CIFS/SMB and NFS file servers that are easily deployed with zero-perceptible latency to end-users and no change to network infrastructure.
- The NextLabs Entitlement Management for File Server solution works with other NextLabs Entitlement Management solutions, such as Microsoft SharePoint and Application Entitlement Management to form an integrated piece of an enterprise-wide solution.
File Server Information Governance
Ensuring mandatory access control across file servers is extremely difficult with servers distributed across the enterprise, managed by different administrators, with frequently changing user job responsibilities and project assignments. The discretionary access control model native to file servers simply does not meet today's requirements, which are driven by compliance, governance and risk management objectives. In addition, auditing activities on individual system is time consuming and doesn't provide the global view or access rights and activity required.
The NextLabs Entitlement Management for File Server solution provides out-of-the-box integration with CIFS/SMB, Samba, and NFS file servers that are easily deployed with zero-perceptible latency to end-users and no change to network infrastructure. Based on the same NextLabs Control Center platform, Entitlement Management solution for File Server solution works with other NextLabs Entitlement Management for File Server solutions, such as Entitlement Management for Microsoft SharePoint and NextLabs Entitlement Management for Application to form an integrated piece of an enterprise-wide solution.
- Unifies access control across all file servers.
- Control access by mobile users and unmanaged hosts
- Provides granular access control based on user, location, network connection, requesting host, and data classification or content
- Reduces management and compliance costs by centralizing access control administration and audit.
- Deploy as an integrated component of an enterprise entitlement management solution that covers file servers, Microsoft SharePoint, enterprise applications, and data protection.
File Server Entitlements Application Components
Policy Adapter for Microsoft Windows Server
The Policy Adapter for Microsoft Windows Server is policy enforcement software that integrates with the Windows file system and file-sharing protocols (CIFS/SMB) to monitor and control file access activities.
Policy Adapter for Linux File Server
The Policy Adapter for Linux File Server is policy enforcement software that integrates with the Linux file system and file-sharing protocols (CIFS/Samba and NFS) to monitor and control file server activities.
Entitlement for Mobile Users & Unmanaged Hosts
- Prevent file servers access by unmanaged hosts, such as visitor and contractor laptops.
- Restrict access to select shared folders only from an internal network or from an office or branch location.
- Prevent mobile users from downloading a document through remote connections from the Internet.
Control Center Policy Server Platform
NextLabs Entitlement Management for File Server runs on the NextLabs Control Center, a XACML-based policy server platform that provides central management of policies and procedures. The Control Center provides:
- Policy Server - Policy administration point (PAP) where policy and procedures are centrally managed.
- Policy Studio - Graphical policy development and management toolset.
- Enrollment Manager - Extensible integration manager for enterprise policy information points (PIP). Provides pre-built connectors to common attribute sources, such as Active Directory and LDAP directories.
- Report Server - Centralized activity journal where activity and audit information is collected, analyzed, and reported on for automated compliance auditing.
Distributed Policy Controller
The Policy Controller is a distributed, cross-platform policy decision point (PDP) that provides real-time policy evaluation on servers and endpoints. The Policy Controller provides critical services to policy enforcement points (PEP) for policy evaluation, security, and management. These services are available to application developers using the Policy Adapter SDK. Our Policy Controller is designed for high throughput across a wide range of deployment scenarios, including offline devices, and on multiple platforms.
Advanced Access Control for File Servers
- User Identity - User name, email address, group membership, assigned roles, or any user attribute defined in an enterprise directory, such as Active Directory.
- Document Characteristics - Document properties, location, classification, and content.
- Host Properties - Host name, location, and network connection type.
Dashboards and Reports
- Role-based dashboards for IT security, compliance officers, and data owners summarizing data use and policy violations.
- Activity analytics provide reports filtered by user, department, data resource, and policy, with summary and trend analysis.
- Detailed activity reports provide granular details of user activity for forensics and incident investigation.