The NextLabs Financial Services solution enable businesses to:
- Prevent Conflicts of Interest. Control internal information flow to avoid improper communication and collaboration that results in compliance violations.
- Maintain internal boundaries across the organization. Improve efficiency and reduce errors with consistent controls across applications and systems where data is communicated, distributed, and stored.
- Apply identity to determine who can collaborate. Enforce fine-grained policies to ensure only authorized users can share specific information under appropriate context internally.
- Automate user education and workflow procedures.
- Assist users to handle data internally with proper discretion by simplifying workflow, and avoid unintended misuse or data loss.
- Fully audit and report internal information disclosure. Monitor activities, discover risks, and remediate gaps to prove compliance with information barriers.
Automate Audit and Compliance, Centralize Entitlements Management, Enforce Information Barriers
The Financial Services solution protect the access, handling, and disclosure of unstructured data to maintain the confidentiality of material non-public information and prevent loss. A single, centrally-managed, identity-driven policy set is applied consistently across the organization. Active information controls across servers, applications, and systems enable proper use of data, while providing audit and compliance visibility into where your sensitive data is located, who has access to it, and what happens during its use. The solution maintains information barriers or "Chinese Walls" between users and organizations by understanding when disclosure is appropriate to business.
The NextLabs Financial Services solution protects material non-public information and confidential client information to enable safe collaboration and communication. The solution offers applications with best practice controls, compliance procedures, information policy objects, data protection libraries and reports. Policy sets can be easily customized to the environment or used as templates to create new policies. The solution includes:
The E-Mail Barrier provides controls across enterprise messaging clients to create a consistent boundary. Example policies include:
- Deny analyst researchers from e-mailing unpublished research documents to investment bankers.
- When the EU branch office attempts to e-mail client account information outside the region, quarantine documents and initiate approval procedures.
- Prevent research teams from disclosing unpublished research to banking teams over e-mail, IM, FTP, public communications, USB, or other company applications.
- Allow deal teams to save client files only to a client-specific, access-protected, vault location.
- When a team member leaves a deal team or the deal closes, automatically archive confidential documents and/or securely wipe deal folders from desktops.
- Allow only analysts access to unpublished research stored across all file shares, portals, and desktops.
- Block everyone outside the authorized account team from accessing client-specific deal files before the acquisition is completed.
- Allow only specific deal teams to access their specific deal vaults.
Endpoint Data Loss Prevention
- When mobile users are outside the network, allow them to e-mail confidential data only if it is properly encrypted, and automatically alert users to use approved channels.
- When copying client-specific records to USB removable media, apply the client's specific encryption key, and alert managers if client data is copied to unauthorized media.
- Block the printing of any client documents when outside the company network.
Audit and Compliance
- Discover the top three servers with the largest number of unpublished research documents.
- Determine who has improper access rights to unpublished research documents.
- Notify policy analysts during any attempts to access unpublished research outside of the research team.