IT Administrator-Enterprise Systems
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises. Our software offers a cohesive solution for improving compliance and mitigating information risk by helping companies achieve safer and more secure internal and external collaboration, prevent data loss, and ensure proper authorization to applications and data.
The IT Administrator will be responsible to provide consistent network and computer system administration, to include: technical assistance, customer service and support; training and guidance; communications; desktop, servers, Internet/Intranet, software, and related security.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- System Administration in Microsoft Windows Domain with Exchange 2007.
- Very strong troubleshooting skills
- IT Incident Management or ITIL
- Microsoft System Configuration Center (SCCM)
- Microsoft Data Projection Management (DPM) or central backup solution with Tape library.
- Data center Server Management.
- Manage, optimize and support IT infrastructure consisting of Windows 2008 R2 multisite Active Directory with Linux LDAP.
- Focus on and responsible for troubleshooting support to include Linux & Windows Server, and workstation problem resolutions and support for upgrade and patches.
- Oversee and monitor security of all technology, including network account passwords and maintenance of IP addresses.
- Govern and monitoring, deployment, testing, reporting and troubleshooting of all assigned equipment, systems, applications, and all associated systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance and manage problem resolution and upgrades.
- Administer and Support SharePoint Intranet & External site for a secure document collaboration area.
- Manage relational database software including MS SQL, Oracle and MySQL.
- Analyze and diagnose connectivity and functionality problems relating to a wide variety of complex hardware and software issues.
- Support help desk, provide 24/7 troubleshooting support and resolution to critical production, Lab and development support applications, network server and workstation problems.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff and subordinates.
- Manage and maintain ITIL, documented inventory of software licenses, inventory of computers and other hardware, network, system and network backup procedures, and any other IT processes.
- Develop training materials and procedures to train users in the proper use of hardware and software and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems to ensure consistency in all office locations.
- Vendor management: Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Provide customer and personal service to end user in multiple locations. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must be able to develop and perform programming and systems analysis tasks independently.
- Bachelor’s science degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Microsoft MCITP Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 Certification and MCTS Office SharePoint 2010 Certification are required.
- VMware Vsphere and Microsoft Hyper-V technology experience are required.
- 3+ year(s) working experience in a Support Helpdesk, IT/Computer systems, and AD/networking /System/Database admin position.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Positive attitude and user support oriented
- Ability to take ownership of projects and follow through to completion and yet be able to work as part of a team
- A sense of urgency in getting the job done. May need to work extra hours and weekends when needed
- Desire to learn new skills
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IT policy development and implantation
- Disaster recovery planning and experience
- Experience with Microsoft technologies in a multi-site environment including AD/Exchange server replication
- Organizational skills
- Experience with Service-now or other ITIL products a plus
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are ambitious, self-assured, possess strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team.