Systems / Sales Engineer
Location: San Mateo California, Central, and East region
NextLabs is a software company focused on developing the major next generation policy enforcement infrastructure and system software. NextLabs provides large enterprises with active, policy-driven control of information network used anywhere by employees, contractors and partners. Our policy management platform and universal enforcement solutions enable centrally managed information network control policy across all applications, data and digital business processes.
NextLabs was founded and is headed by Keng Lim, a serial entrepreneur and former Netscape executive who has built several successful software companies during the last 20 years including Approach Software, Kiva Software, Netscape, Escalate, and Sygate Technologies.
NextLabs is looking for an exceptional Systems / Sales Engineer to work with the sales organization to cultivate new opportunity and sign up new customers. You will drive technical account strategy, architect innovative solutions, and overcome technical obstacles to win deals.
This position requires a moderately seasoned pre-sales professional with deep technical skills. Candidates must also have excellent presentation and communications skills and enterprise software pre-sales experience
- Become an expert in NextLabs software and related security infrastructure technologies
- Understand prospect’s business and technical requirements and craft an overall solution vision demonstrating NextLabs fit and value for prospect’s requirements
- Create innovative technical solution of NextLabs software in a pre-sales environment
- Develop and deliver compelling demonstrations of NextLabs software and related applications demonstrating the business value of the product’s capabilities
- Develop proof-of-concept applications and tools to assist in closing deals
- Drive the technical deal signoff process with Sales, Product Management and Engineering
- Work with senior level executives in pre-sales environment to solve their business needs
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on improving existing products and developing new products
- 4+ years of customer-facing technical sales experience in enterprise security software
- Proven track record of selling enterprise solutions to customers
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- LDAP, Active Directory
- Windows or Linux administration
- Identity Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Knowledge of security infrastructure is a plus
- Strong product presentation and Demo/POC development/delivery skills
- Strong solution development and problem solving skills
- Superior customer interaction skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Willingness to travel
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are ambitious, self-assured, possess strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team.