Product Support Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs is a security software company focused on developing mission critical next generation policy enforcement infrastructure and system software. NextLabs provides large enterprises with active, policy-driven control of their information network wherever and whenever it is used by employees, contractors and partners. Our policy management platform and universal enforcement solutions enable centrally managed information security control policies across all applications, data and digital business processes.
The NextLabs Support Engineer is the designated point of contact for customers on the NextLabs Product Support team. The NextLabs Product Support team provides product knowledge and expertise about NextLabs’ Policy Platform and product family, crafts and implements support solutions that solve customer problems, remediate customer issues and build customer goodwill for the long term. In this role, you will work closely with customers and NextLabs Engineering, exercising and continuously developing both technical and business skills to understand and create Knowledge Base tech notes on support issues reported by customers and to follow the issues through to resolution. This position provides an opportunity for exceptional professional growth.
- Research and develop new functionality and extension for NextLabs
- Customer advocate and early adopter of NextLabs product
- Develop expertise and master all aspects of the product, and contribute to developing best practices by developing policy libraries and policy assistant application
- Become proficient in NextLabs products through working with the products in a laboratory setting and interacting with NextLabs engineers.
- Provide direct product and solution support to NextLabs customers on site, via phone, email, and through NextLabs online customer support portal.
- Track, analyze, reproduce, troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve customer issues in a professional, timely manner;
- Train customers in the use, administration, implementation, and customization of NextLabs products.
- Work closely with Engineering on escalated issues
- Manage deployment of NextLabs software within the company
- Demonstrate knowledge of client’s issues, industry, and business operations
- Participate in Beta testing of NextLabs products
· 2-3 years of work experience in a customer-facing role delivering security or enterprise software product support, consulting services, systems integration services, or IT support services.
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline. MCSE and/or CISSP would be a plus.
· Exposure to Microsoft Windows operating environments.
· Demonstrable proficiency in at least one of the following areas:
· Active Directory, LDAP
· Identity Management
· SharePoint administration
Digital Rights Management
· Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Good analytical and troubleshooting skill
· Can-do attitude with a passion for learning new things.
· Eagerness to contribute to the success of the Customer Support team.
Must have good communication skills and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development and want to be part of a world-class team.
For immediate consideration email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org