Rights Management is one of four core integrated capabilities of NextLabs Enterprise Data Protection. It uses identity, context, and content attributes to automatically control document access and usage, based on centrally managed policies that are enforced across server and endpoint applications.
- Control document access and usage for all file and application types
- Simplify key management by sharing licenses across a class of documents, enabling scaling to millions of documents
- Deploy as an integrated application in a comprehensive data protection suite that includes Data Loss Prevention
Efficiently share rights managed documents externally with a mobile workforce and third party partners, based on XACML and SOA standards, while interoperating with Microsoft Rights Management Services and Adobe LiveCycle.
Persistent Protection Independent of All Applications and Document Types
Deliver a consistent and seamless user experience across all applications and document types; require no modification to existing business processes or user workflow.
Sustainable and Untethered Deployment
Remove the burden of managing a key for every document; simplify by sharing licenses across a class of documents, enabling scaling to millions of documents; provide offline access based on an untethered client-server architecture.
Enhanced User Productivity
Apply rights automatically based on policy, eliminating reliance on user discretion and the need for prior document knowledge; integrate Rights Management out-of-the-box with enterprise applications including SAP ECC, PLM and SharePoint.
Control Document Access and Usage on Endpoints
- Persistently protect documents independent of applications and file types, supporting access both inside and outside the company firewall, including enabling offline access.
- Control document operations, such as cut/copy/paste, print, screen capture, and apply visual labels.
- Deter users from capturing screen content using external devices (e.g., phones), by utilizing security overlays (superimposing content on a document).
- Rights protected files accessed locally look and behave like native format files. Open and edit files using the native file editor; no proprietary editor is required.
Control Document Access and Usage on Enterprise Applications
- Out-of-the-box integrations with enterprise applications, including SAP ECC, PLM, and SharePoint, enable automatic Rights Management application based on document attributes.
- Automatically apply Rights Management to sensitive documents download from enterprise applications.
Content-Aware Rights Management on a Common, Standards Based Platform
- Pre-integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) capabilities enable automatic Rights Management application, based on keywords and text patterns.
- Rights are dynamically determined based on XACML-based policy comprised of user, resource, and environment attributes, eliminating reliance on user discretion. If the attributes change, rights automatically and dynamically change, without requiring reapplication or user knowledge.
- Pre-built policy libraries enable organizations to jump-start Rights Management deployments, covering common industry use cases (e.g., automatically rights protect sensitive files when they are downloaded from SAP or SharePoint to local computers, uploaded to file shares, and exchanged over e-mail or IM).