The SAP Data Security solution is designed to help companies meet their compliance and security needs as they provide greater mobility and more global access to shared services. NextLabs has teamed with SAP to enable businesses to:
- Extend SAP authorization to provide attribute-based access control. Go beyond context and role to leverage other attributes such as nationality and location to make fine grained authorization decisions
- Define and enforce policies to prevent contamination and spillage of SAP data. Control who can import or export data and where they can be stored
- Define and enforce policies to ensure data segregation and manage privileged user access
- Classify data to ensure appropriate access. Leverage inheritance, associations to automate classification
- Centrally define and manage standards-based policies
- Improve security awareness of users through context based messages
- Provide audit trail on the usage and access to critical SAP data and facilitate compliance reporting
Securing Critical SAP Data
Companies are under increasing pressure to provide flexible access to their critical SAP data inorder to support agile business collaboration processes and greater mobility. The drive towards shared services consolidation and global deployments only exacerbates the problem. Critical data is now open to a potentially global user base, potentially including external users such as customers and partners.
With the SAP Data Security solution, companies can enjoy the following benefits:
- Minimize risk of SAP data spillage and contamination.
- Control who has access and who can transfer data in and out of SAP.
- Ensure proper data segregation and global operations in compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Control where data is stored, and what privileged IT users can access.
- Enable central management of policies.
- Centrally manage access, usage and exchange of SAP data.
- Global view of all critical data access.
- Centrally track access and report any anomalies.