SAP Quality Engineering Lead
Location: San Mateo, CA - Singapore
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises.
NextLabs' flagship data protection and entitlement management products, Enterprise Data Protection and Compliant Enterprise, combine with the Control Center XACML-based policy management platform with integrated content aware and identity-driven enforcement technology to offer the most comprehensive information risk management (IRM) solution. Our products preserve confidentiality, prevent data loss, and ensure compliance across more channels and more points, within a single unified solution with the unmatched user acceptance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
NextLabs partners with SAP to provide solutions across the various SAP applications for electronic export control, secure engineering and supply chain collaboration, and data security. The NextLabs Compliant Enterprise Entitlement Manager is an SAP-endorsed business solution that helps customers enhance compliance, reduce risk of data breach and wrongful disclosure and enables secure partner collaboration. Compliant Enterprise Entitlement Manager has been certified by SAP as an add to the ABAP™ programming language, integrates with SAP ERP 6.0, and meets the requirements for running on the SAP NetWeaver ® technology platform. It also integrates with the SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM) application, Release 7.0 and above. It extends standard SAP authorization to provide policy-driven, fine-grained access control, dynamically authorizing users to access specific business data within SAP solutions based on data classification, user identity and other attributes.
- Must be willing to learn and perform technical tasks in SAP, such as, executing programs, transactions, function modules, creating BADI Implementations, activating user-exits, etc.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management team to understand the features of the product being developed and their use by prospective customers.
- Design and document test cases and test plans for testing features of the product.
- Work across Engineering, Product Management, and Service teams to understand and to create test cases for system integration testing.
- Install and configure NextLabs software for the purposes of testing.
- Execute test cases for both feature testing and system integration testing.
- Train and supervise junior QA Engineers on the execution of tests.
- Document test results and provide test reports.
- Log defects into the defects database with adequate details for defect replication and remediation.
- Provide advanced support to Customer Support organization to troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues.
- Work with the documentation team to provide inputs to the feature and product documentation and reviews the documentation when it is complete.
- Track progress and highlight project issues on QA tasks.
Depending on qualifications, this role may provide a path to a team leader role as the applications effort grows.
- 4+ years experience in Quality Engineering or SAP Functional role.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Experience in functional testing and/or deployment of SAP applications is preferred.
- Quick to learn new enterprise technologies such as SAP and also other client server applications.
- Strong understanding of MS Windows, VM-Ware, and the software development process.
- Must be willing to learn and perform functional and BASIS roles in the SAP system, such as, creating master and transaction data, configuring the various modules such as MM, PP and installing CAR files using SAP installation Tools.
- Good communication and project management skills and the ability and interest to lead and mentor junior engineers.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are ambitious, self-assured, possess strong can-do attitude, and want to part of a world-class team. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a high-output organization, and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.