Software Engineer – Control Center Application & Tool
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs®, Inc., a growing information risk management software company in the expanding XACML Policy Management, Data Protection, and Entitlements Management space, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to lead the development effort in creating the foundations for a series of web-based and thin client applications for NextLabs’ XACML Control Center platform. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries. We are committed to making a significant impact on the computing world, we own over 30+ approved and pending patents and intellectual properties in the policy-based access control field, and are active in advancing technical standards, such as eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML). Control Center, the heart of NextLabs product line, provides a policy-based business rules engine that can scale to more than 500,000 endpoints and servers.
· Taking part in the development of the underlying application infrastructure for the web and thick client applications in Control Center.
· Work closely with Product Managers and cross functional engineering teams to translate product requirements into high level and detail designs.
· Work closely with Quality Assurance Engineers to see software development to completion and through the software release process.
· Taking part in the development of the application framework used by all NextLabs products and customers.
· Taking part in the development work of the Policy Framework and Policy Lifecycle Management.
· BS/MS degree in computer science or engineering.
· 2+ years of product development experience, preferably in an enterprise software development.
· 1+ year creating business web application solutions in a J2EE environment, using Java, JSP, Servlet, JSF, and/or JDBC technologies.
· Experience in Ajax or other Rich Internet Application (RIA) technology, a plus.
· 1+ years experience using web service technologies including XML, SOAP, WSDL, and UDDI.
· Experience writing technical specifications to be used as basis for coding software.
· Outstanding written and verbal skills.
For immediate consideration email resume to email@example.com Or mail resume to:
2 Waters Park Drive, Suite 250
San Mateo, CA 94403
Attention: Human Resources