Senior Software Engineer - Customer Engineering and Strategic Solution Development
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs is seeking a motivated software engineer with a passion for developing complex systems, and a next generation policy language and runtime technologies, to drive the implementation of strategic solutions for our major customers. You will work on diverse and challenging assignments ranging from the development of new concepts to detailed design utilizing the latest technology to "hands on" commissioning involving close customer liaisons.
You will be a member of the customer engineering team responsible for developing complex policy enforcement, information security, and information compliance solutions used anywhere by employees, contractors and partners for large enterprises. Our policy management platform and universal enforcement solutions enable centrally managed information network control policies across all applications, data sources, and digital business processes. All group members are expected to participate in and contribute to all phases of the solution development cycle, from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing, and customer deployments.
You will work closely with management to estimate project work efforts, track project schedules, serve as the go-to person for the project, and lead the project to successful completion. In addition you will be responsible for developing custom software components based on the company's policy engine and Control Center platform. You will be responsible for working directly with customers to establish detailed requirements; develop design and solution specifications; and develop schedules, implementation, testing, documentation to support projects.
Your responsibilities will also include developing best integration approaches, troubleshooting and debugging integration problems, and participating in product roadmap and product strategy definition. The ideal candidate will be able to combine strong C++ or Java, security infrastructure, and web application development skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills. A candidate who has strong security or system management software implementation experience within an enterprise environment is highly desirable.
- BS/MS degree in computer science or electrical engineering, BS/MS in engineering degree with emphasis or strong working knowledge of Computer Science.
- Experience in developing access control, document management, or Identity and Access Management systems will be a plus.
- Experience in Active Directory or LDAP-based Directory, ADSI or LDAP, understanding of enterprise directory deployment scenarios, and directory schema extensions is a plus but not required.
- 4+ years of OOP (Java/J2EE and C++) experience with strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- Proven record of customize software systems and develop integration modules with enterprise systems.
- 2+ years' of experience in working as a member of an engineering team in construction of a large-scale, commercial system from inception through development, release and maintenance at least once.
- Familiarity with security infrastructure and DRM or ERM product is desirable.
- A strong track record in delivering competitive, innovative products is also required.
- Strong communication (written and oral) skill and teamwork skills.
- Well organized, result and detail oriented.
- .NET desktop application development experience.
- Experience with Linux, web 2.0 technologies and application, and database technologies.
- Ability to set, manage and deliver against expectations.
- Ability to identify and manage project risks.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization, and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Travel requirement is approximately 10%.
We want to reach out to all highly motivated candidates who are ambitious, self-assured, possess strong can-do attitude, and want to part of a world-class team.
Please submit your resume online.