Communications Control is one of four core integrated capabilities of NextLabs Enterprise Data Protection. It allows customers to control sharing of data across e-mail, IM, and web meetings, through policies delivered by a central server to policy enforcement software that runs on desktops and laptops.
- Monitor and control the use of communications channels, such as e-mail, IM, and web meetings, for online or offline computers
- Deploy as an integrated application in a comprehensive data protection suite that includes Data Loss Prevention and Rights Management
Maintain Internal Boundaries Across the Organization
Improve efficiency and reduce errors with consistent controls across applications and systems where data is communicated, distributed, and stored.
Make Collaboration Safer and More Secure
Prevent unauthorized disclosure of sensitive data to protect your business against financial penalties, brand damage, conflicts of interest and noncompliance.
Maintain Business Productivity
Dramatically reduce false positives and false negatives by protecting data not only based on content, but also identity and context attributes.
Lower Management Costs
Lower management costs by deploying an integrated application in a suite that includes Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Rights Management, based on the XACML industry standard and integrated with identity and access management infrastructure.
Prevent Conflict of Interest and Ensure Compliance
- Create organizational Information Barriers between groups of users that are consistent across e-mail, IM, Live Meeting, and SharePoint to comply with industry or government regulations
- Enforce ethical walls between teams or users based on content inspection and user assignments
- Monitor communications between different groups of users for potential fraud, collusion, or conflict of interest
- Works across popular communications suites such as Jabber, Office Communicator, Public IM, Outlook/Exchange, Lotus Notes, etc.
Preserve Information Confidentiality
- Limit sharing of data over e-mail, IM, Live Meeting, SharePoint for a specific set of data beyond the project team members
- Create project information barriers to preserve the confidentiality of customer intellectual property
Control External Communications
- Prevent external distribution of data or documents that are internal use only
- Automatically apply rights protection to messages and attachments based on the sender, data, and recipient
- Allow project data to only be shared with known external partner organizations or contacts
- Detect misdirected e-mail (when data associated with an external client is sent to a party that is not also associated with the same client), alert user, and allow them to self-remediate
- Automatically route e-mail containing sensitive data to a manager or compliance officer for review and approval