Cloud DevOps Engineer I
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We are looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer I to be a vital part of our dynamic global IT Professionals. We are looking for candidates with a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, system administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining large scale, mission critical services with various underlying dependencies. You will engage closely with architects, engineering teams, QA and operations team to deliver highly available and scalable services.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be supporting one or more of the company’s SaaS Products. The products are hosted in Cloud Platform and span across all the popular technology stacks and deployment architectures. You will be working within the team of high-skilled professionals, providing a lightning fast operations support for the products, fulfilling day-to-day requests, working on automating the chores and participating in huge infrastructure re-engineering projects. You will be working in “SaaS Operations” environment as a part of 24/7 availability team, that supposes high personal availability and readiness to provide response, should any critical issues arise.
Specific responsibilities: As an Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Work with various cloud providers to deploy and run infrastructure used by our SaaS products.
- Operate, deploy and enhance components of our ecosystem such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, CI/CD rigs, orchestration, security infrastructure, monitoring and alerting tools, etc.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure that SLA for our 24/7 production and supporting environments is maintained.
- Contribute to and maintain process and compliance documentation for the SaaS team.
- Continually seek opportunities to improve SLA/Uptime and minimize customer impacts.
- Keep customers informed about impending maintenance window, software deployment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Delegate work as needed to our APAC Team.
- Understand, champion and enforce security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Track work activity, service tickets, or project tickets in Jira, SharePoint and other project tracking tools.
- Participate in the on-call rotation and after-hours maintenance and deployment activities.
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to pass our basic cloud infra setup hands on any of the below cloud platforms
- Oracle Cloud
- SAP Cloud
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using AWS Keys Services, VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation/Terraform, and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- IaaC (Infrastructure as a code) Automation using CloudFormation or ARM or Terraform AND experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Cloudinit or Chef etc. preferred
- Experience in Security and Compliance (preferably security automation and hardening using Ansible)
- Implementing and Managing on OpenStack / VMware / Hyper-V platforms
- Deep experience administering Linux (Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems
- Experience in CI/CD (Jenkins/Hudson/GIT) (Must)
- Experience with Containerization Docker and Kubernetes (preferred)
- Experience in Security and Compliance (preferred)
- APM Tool (Application Insights or any industry leading) (Preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of web application technology, including IIS, Tomcat, Apache, elasticsearch, nginx, haproxy etc
- Good network and filesystem skills
- Understanding of enterprise security tools and methodologies (SOC2, FebRAMP, ISO27001, PCI-DSS)
- DBA experience is a plus
- Some scripting proficiency will be an advantage (Python, NodeJS, Bash, PowerShell)
- Relative autonomy to pick up new skills
- Initiative to take responsibility of current projects and suggest new improvements to existing architecture or process to comply with industry standards.
For immediate consideration email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.