Director of Consulting Services
NextLabs Inc. – San Mateo, CA 94403
NextLabs is looking for an experienced Director of Consulting Services, who would manage service teams implementing NextLabs solution. The person will be responsible for ensuring all client projects are staffed, get delivered on time, within budget, and with the highest client satisfaction. The individual will manage multiple client implementation projects. This key role will build, manage and deliver high-value offerings to new engagements and continued expansion of our current customers.
The ideal candidate must have an enterprise software delivery background. The candidate must be a seasoned project manager with the ability to mentor, coach, and develop other team members. Must have experience in creating SOW, scoping projects, managing risk, tracking project metrics, and financial management. The candidate will utilize their technical expertise in improving the vision and drive to influence and should understand customer information security and compliance requirements, and architect and design a solution to solve their business needs.
The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills with experience communicating at all levels of client organizations as well as internally across organizations (product engineering, product management, sales). The candidate should have experience in establishing and managing client relationships and effectively managing red accounts.
Finally, in addition, to the listed management responsibilities, this position will perform tasks as part of billable engagements. These tasks may include solution architecture, consulting, project management, instructing, and other tasks as required to contribute to the achievement of high customer satisfaction.
- Manage a portfolio of software implementation and projects on schedule, within budget, and with the highest customer satisfaction.
- Build a relationship with customer executives and sponsors.
- Scope projects, creating SOWs, and partner with sales to enhance service revenue.
- Must demonstrate thought leadership in professional services best practices.
- Be a trusted advisor among internal and external constituents (up to C level) based on program management, product, and solution knowledge.
- Plan and manage the consulting team including headcount requirements, recruitment strategies, and organizational development.
- Hire, retain and motivate the best and brightest employees.
- Manage customer escalations and red accounts. Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in resolving product-related implementation issues.
- Refine, develop and monitor metrics to assess the success of the team and individuals.
- Refine and develop methodologies, tools, and programs around implementations.
- Help developing tools for efficient implementation of NextLabs solution.
- Responsible for meeting revenue and P&L targets.
- Optimize communication and ensure effective knowledge transfer and hand-offs to support post-implementation.
- Define and sell new consulting and professional service offerings.
- Design and deliver value-added strategic consulting offerings.
- Lead high –visibility complex information risk and compliance management; projects.
- Effective and efficient communications up to management, customer, customer executives, and with the team; know the best communication method for the audience as well as the subject.
Required skills and background:
- 3+ years of work experience in an enterprise applications client engagement management role.
- 5+ years of experience managing multifunctional, large enterprise implementation teams; overall 10+ years of software development and consulting experience.
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a professional services business focused on predictable implementation.
- Track record of successful solution delivery.
- Strong project management, organizational management, and people management skills.
- Proven track record of hiring high performing Professional Services team.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving and risk management skills.
- Excellent client relationship management and ability to play a trusted advisor to C-level customer executives.
- Proven experience managing technically complex, cross-organizational, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong presentation, executive client management, product management, and business development skills.