Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management software for Global 5000 enterprises. Our software offers a cohesive solution for improving compliance and mitigating information risk by preventing internal and external data loss, eliminating conflict-of-interest activity, and ensuring proper access to applications and data.
NextLabs®, Inc is looking for a hands-on engineering manager and innovator to build and run core engineering of a major product line. This individual should be passionate about building ground breaking software product, delivering high-quality products, and getting things done.
This position will be the driving force of the Core Engineering team. You will be responsible for the continued enhancement and development of software solutions for NextLabs’ core technology and key product areas. You will plan, direct, and manage the activities of engineers and system software projects to ensure that project goals and commitments are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and parameters. You will work closely with, and interface with, cross-functional teams to align priorities, resources, schedules and deliverables. You will utilize your leadership, technical expertise, and project planning skills to develop team strategy and direction, and oversee the execution of the product development.
Candidates must be results-oriented and bring a successful track-record for developing software solutions that are targeted to meet enterprise customer needs. The environment is dynamic and fast-paced with competitive advantage created largely by leading-edge technology, patents, and seamless integration.
- Lead and manage Core Engineering to ensure the successful delivery of product.
- Plans and oversees the daily functions, operations, and activities of the Core Engineering teams responsible for the entire development lifecycle and working closely with the quality engineering, build & release, and product management.
- Develop project plans, specify goals, strategy, product schedule, identify risks, contingency plans, staffing and allocation of available resources.
- Develop and execute team strategy and direction to improve efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Assess, implement, and improve quality and software engineering processes.
- Identify and resolve operational, execution and organizational issues that affect the delivery of products.
- Formulate and define technical scope and objectives of products.
- Communicate status of department commitments and areas of risk on a regular basis.
- Continuous consultation with engineering personnel to provide technical advice and problem resolution.
- Make recommendations regarding employment, promotions, salary adjustment, and termination. Perform employee counseling and evaluate work performance.
- Actively bridge technical and business cultures and perspectives to promote cross-organizational collaboration.
- Manage global team across North America and Asia.
- Coordinate with other team to support product release activities and operational improvement projects.
- Communicate project status, issues and risks to other teams and executives.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and practices to ensure that the engineering team is working with the best practices tools, architecture designs and processes.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- 6 years of system development (Java/J2EE and C++) experience with a minimum of 2 years in a team leader
- A strong background in object-oriented programming and database design and development.
- Working experience with enterprise applications such as ERP, PLM, CRM, and SCM.
- Familiar with Operating System, Compiler, or Runtime technology.
- Working knowledge of developing cloud applications on AWS and Azure is a plus.
- Experience in developing AAA software, document management, or Identity and Access Management system.
- Familiarity with security infrastructure and DRM a plus.
- Understanding of enterprise directory deployment scenarios (Active Directory, LDAP, or ADSI) and directory schema extensions is a plus but not required. Must have a good knowledge of internet technologies (XML, Web Services, SOA, etc.) and familiarity with agile development principles.
- Experience in working with build and release environment (perforce, Ant, Maven, etc) and test automation frameworks such as (STAF, Junit, Grinder, OpenSTA, etc.).
- Ability to develop and execute team strategy and direction, and monitor projects for results.
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of applications software development methodologies and techniques.
- Strong communication, influence and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Great team player.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to play a key role at a successful and growing startup with a successful track-record for developing software solutions that are targeted to meet the enterprise customer.