General Office Administrator
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs is seeking a highly organized, motivated and skilled General Office Administrator to support our Team. In addition to traditional office and administrative responsibilities, the qualified candidate must have the ability and experience to support the CEO, using sound judgment, professionalism and leadership skills.
The General Office Administrator is responsible to perform general administrative duties for the company, including reception, general office management, facility management, purchasing, meeting support and event planning. This individual will also provide administrative support to the CEO and Executive Team which will include, but not be limited to, travel arrangements, Board of Directors meeting preparation, and support to other members of the NextLabs Executive Team for special projects.
- Reception – Provide front desk coverage. Answer, filter, and distribute all incoming calls and messages; greet all office visitors and escort them to appropriate meeting areas.
- Maintain the aesthetics of the office and breakroom – Keeping with and reinforcing, our commitment to superior brand image guidelines. These duties include but are not limited to cleanliness of general office areas, office supply areas, preparing/resetting meeting spaces/conference rooms daily, and maintaining our reception and lobby areas. Lead by example in setting the tone for our ever-changing environment and challenge others to do the same!
- Manage office vendors – Order office supplies and handle all catering needs. This includes, but is not limited to ordering our bi-weekly snack food replenishment and monthly office supply orders.
- Administrative Duties – Provide administrative support for the company including managing incoming and outgoing mail and shipping needs, mail distribution, copying, filing and scanning. Also provide support to the CEO including preparation of emails, letters and presentations, making travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, managing calendars etc.
- Meeting Support – Coordinate with the relevant meeting organizer on logistics for customer visits, and internal team meetings including, but not limited to Off-site meeting arrangements, conference room preparation, catering, setting up any necessary AV equipment, collecting and compiling presentation materials, etc.
- Event Planning Support – Handle all logistics and assist in coordinating company events including company parties, employee team building events, meetings and presentations.
- Contract Administration – Process legal documents for timely signature and manage contract workflow and record keeping.
- Corporate Travel – Administer the company’s Corporate Travel Program, including procuring travel arrangements in accordance with the travel policy and being responsible for long term housing and travel arrangements.
- Provide ad hoc support to team members and other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Available to work 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday, with some flexibility based on company events.
- Be a driven individual able to adapt to a fast paced changing environment;
- Have strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have the ability to perform individual responsibilities with little supervision as well as to work as a part of a team with common, coordinated responsibilities and objectives;
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills;
- Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and Internet Applications;
- Familiarity with special projects (ex: contracts administration, confidential/sensitive documents, etc)
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Visio, Illustrator, InfoPath and/or Project a plus.