IT Interns – System and Operation Support
Location: San Mateo
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises. Our software offers a cohesive solution for improving compliance and mitigating information risk by helping companies achieve safer and more secure internal and external collaboration, prevent data loss, and ensure proper authorization to applications and data. We are proud of our truly world-class organization, and are seeking other individuals who share our passion for excellence.
The System and Operation Support Intern will be involving in supporting and implementing system and operation procedure including helpdesk, product deployment, key business applications, as well as supporting and maintaining servers (QA LAB, DEV LAB and DEMO LAB), security, network systems, and end-user workstations.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to address network performance issues and server downtime.
- Monitor and maintain the network, virtual workstation, server, and other networking equipment.
- Plan, coordinate and implement new IT systems and applications.
- Assist in the design and implementation of network security programs and procedures.
- Work with the Network and Security Engineering teams to implement companywide IT initiatives.
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting computers, networking systems, and software applications.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and virtual machine technology is a plus.
- Passion to design and implement new technology for complex business requirements.
- Ability to deal with end-user problems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Major in Computer Science, Information System, Information Technology, Management Information System, or Engineering with strong exposure to computer systems and hardware.
- Excellent time management