Senior Consulting Engineer (PLM)
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a PLM Consulting Engineer to be part of the Professional Services team. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for a PLM Consulting Engineer to lead the implementation of NextLabs’ attribute-based authorization platform and the Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform for our customers. Ideal candidates are those who are passionate about PLM, enjoy working closely with customers to solve real business problems, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Lead implementation of NextLabs’ solutions for its customers
- Play a key role in requirements gathering and validation
- Define architecture blueprint specific to the customer environment and use cases
- Manage interdependencies and integration among multiple teams, and stakeholders, with clear roles and responsibilities, clarity of deliverables and receivables, and milestone management
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs Asia-Pacific and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution
- Work closely with PLM product management and engineering teams to bridge any technical gaps
- Assist in the technology choice, design and architecture decision
- Serve as a subject matter expert and interact with customers, partners, and various teams within NextLabs
- Support sales in strategic customer opportunities, delivering presentations and demonstrations
- Contribute to product collateral, including brochures, datasheets, and Website content
- BE/BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or IT from a good university with good academic results
- 4+ years of experience in development(2+), consulting(2+)
- Strong functional knowledge of at least one PLM system – Teamcenter, Windchill, Enovia, preferably, Siemens Teamcenter
- Familiar with Digital Rights Management (DRM) and Identity Access Management (IAM) concepts
- Familiar with various CAD tools like NX, Creo, AutoCAD, Solidworks, CATIA, etc
- Experience in installation, upgrade configuration, and customization of PLM products and CAD tools.
- Proficient in shell/batch scripting, SQL, invoking REST APIs, XML, etc.
- Proficient in debugging and troubleshooting
- Comfortable leading and working with a globally distributed team
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills – Experience working with remote teams – both internal and external
- Passionate, proactive, great team player