Senior Engineering Manager
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company and the leading provider of policy-driven Information Risk Management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for software engineering professionals to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and access control solutions for both on-premise customers and SaaS. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization, and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Build, grow and manage a strong high performance engineering team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the team on a day to day basis
- Set up engineering processes in line with NextLabs global engineering development methodologies and ensure that team follow through the processes
- Define, design, and develop products and related components in collaboration with NextLabs product management and global engineering teams
- Deliver best in class architecture, solution, and code
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs Singapore, China and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution
- Steward of software engineering, software architecture, security, testing and API best practices
- BE/BS degree in computer science or computer engineering from good university with good academic results
- Strong software engineering skills (8+ years) in core Java – standalone applications, scalable web applications involving extensive design and coding with at least 3 years of team management experience
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies and able to coach and guide team in delivering products and solutions
- Strong analytical and systems thinking to handle both the big picture and important technical details.
- Development & integration knowledge with Enterprise and/or Cloud applications involving full-stack technologies and cloud platforms like AWS/Azure
- Deep understanding of database concepts, engineering and operations
- Strong experience working with remote teams on collaborating towards a common goal
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Passionate, proactive, great team player