Senior Software Engineer (C/C++)
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and entitlement manager solutions. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Explore new technologies & solutions to complex problems, create prototypes
- Discuss with Product Management and establish the Functional Spec and the Design Documents for NextLabs products & solutions
- Define, design, and develop products and related components
- Deliver best in class architecture, solution, and code
- Take the lead on enhancing the performance and scalability
- Guide Quality Assurance & User Assistance teams for the necessary testing and documentation
- Work with Customer Support to ensure the solution is supportable
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs Asia-Pacific and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated success in building high-performance applications in C/C++.
- Excellent object-oriented design, coding, and debugging skills.
- Strong background in design patterns, data structures, and test-driven development.
- Experience writing thread-safe code and building or using multithreaded IO systems.
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate, proactive, great team player.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience.
Bonus If You Have
- Development and integration with enterprise applications such as Teamcenter, Windchill, Enovia, and any CAD applications.
- User mode internals like DDLs, Hooks, NTDLL, USER32, GDI32.
- Interfacing with SQL databases.
- Agile development experience with tools such as BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, etc.
- Knowledge of Security concepts such as SSL, TLS, Crypto, Authentication, and Windows firewalls.