Senior Software Engineer (Java)
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for software engineering professionals to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and access control solutions for both on-prem customers and SaaS. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization, and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Explore new technologies & solutions to complex problems, create prototypes
- Discuss with Product Management and establish the Functional Spec and the Design Documents for NextLabs products & solutions
- Define, design, and develop products and related components
- Deliver best in class architecture, solution, and code
- Take the lead on enhancing the performance and scalability
- Guide Quality Assurance & TechPub teams for the necessary testing and documentation
- Work with Customer Support to ensure solution is supportable
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs China and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution.
- BE/BS degree in computer science or computer engineering from good university with good academic results
- Strong software engineering skills (3+ years) in core Java – standalone applications, HA/scalable web applications involving extensive design and coding
- Extensive experience in RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience in technologies like Chef, Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience in XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL and UDDI
- Experience in client side UI technologies like jQuery, AngularJS and Backbone etc.
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Experience in building cloud based web applications in AWS/Azure is a plus
- Building applications encompassing user management, authentication, and access control; knowledge of LDAP/Active Directory/Radius/SAML is a plus
- Development & integration knowledge with enterprise or cloud applications, such as, Teamcenter, Windchill, Documentum, SalesForce, or DropBox, Google Drive etc is a plus
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Passionate, proactive, great team player