Software Development Manager (Test Automation)
NextLabs, a Silicon Valley technology company, is offering an exciting opportunity to software development managers interested in test automation to participate in the development of next generation information management products.
NextLabs is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management software for large enterprises. NextLabs’ solutions automate the enforcement of security controls and compliance policies to secure information and enable secure information sharing across the extended enterprise. NextLabs has some of the largest global enterprises as customers and has strategic relationships with many industry leaders. For more information on NextLabs, please visit https://www.nextlabs.com.
NextLabs is seeking a motivated, hands-on Software Development Manager in Test Automation who is interested in developing and maintaining large-scale automated test systems for mission critical enterprise software. This position requires solid project management skill; enterprise software development or testing experience; and expertise in architecture, design, implement, deploy and maintain large software test automation systems. You will be managing a team of software engineers and working with software development, QA, solution implementation and IT teams to deliver quality product releases while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead a team of SDET engineers to develop and execute automated tests for complex software products
- Identify and manage risks, issues, and potential defects throughout product life cycles
- Lead quality acceptance activities for each project milestones
- Develop project plans, monitor the execution of project activities, and coordinate any changes
- Contribute and review code and test scripts as part of a collaborative team
- Build and maintain test infrastructure and CI processes to perform automated testing
- Develop, maintain, and augment technical documentation and source control
- Fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement in all areas of technology and instills the principles of this culture in the team
- Provide technical leadership as working coach and perform hands-on solution implementation as needed
- Effective communication with management and the team
- Engineering or Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of software development or testing experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience in leading successful software engineering teams is required
- Experience in enterprise software development or testing is required
- Expert in at least one programming language such as Java, Python or C++ is required
- Hands-on experience or knowledge in the following areas are desired:
- ERP systems such as SAP ECC, SAP S/4HANA or Oracle ERP
- Databases such as Oracle DB, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Google BigQuery or AWS Aurora
- Proficient with QA tools and automation frameworks such as Jira, Selenium and Robot Framework. A working knowledge of Selenium is desired
- Experienced in implementing continuous integration and delivery concepts (CI/CD) using containers and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes on AWS, Azure or Google Cloud is a plus
- Demonstrates innovation, strong collaboration, excellent communication skills, and a passion for designing high-quality software
Interested candidates may send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our online form below.