Software Development Manager
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and entitlement manager solutions. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization, and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Build, grow and manage a strong high performance engineering team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the team on a day to day basis
- Set up engineering processes in line with NextLabs global engineering development methodologies and ensure that team follow through the processes
- Define, design, and develop products and related components in collaboration with NextLabs product management and global engineering teams
- Deliver best in class architecture, solution, and code
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs Singapore, China and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution
- Steward of software engineering, software architecture, security, testing and API best practices
- BE / BS degree in computer science or computer engineering from good university with good academic results
- Strong software engineering skills (8+ years) in core Java standalone applications, scalable web applications involving extensive design and coding with at least 2 years of team management experience
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies and able to coach and guide team in delivering products and solutions
- Strong analytical and systems thinking to handle both the big picture and important technical details.
- Development & integration knowledge with Enterprise and / or Cloud applications involving full-stack technologies and cloud platforms like AWS / Azure
- Deep understanding of database concepts, engineering and operations
- Strong experience working with remote teams on collaborating towards a common goal
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Passionate, proactive, great team player