Software Engineer – JAVA
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
NextLabs® is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a software engineer to be part of the development and support effort in creating the next generation data protection and entitlement manager products. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries. NextLabs’ flagship data protection and entitlement management products, Enterprise Data Protection and Compliant Enterprise® combine with the Control Center XACML-based policy management platform with integrated content-aware and identity-driven
enforcement technology to offer the most comprehensive information risk management (IRM) solution. Our products preserve confidentiality, prevent data loss, and ensure compliance across more channels and more points, within a single unified solution with unmatched user acceptance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Design and develop data protection and entitlement management products
- Design and develop scalable backend services and API
- Collaborate with DevOps in making application deployable across multiple cloud platform
- Work with global engineering teams in delivering well designed, testable, efficient, reusable, and maintainable code
- Possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of java development experience with Spring framework, JPA and Hibernate
- Must have working experience with GIT and Gradle
- A strong understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Strong object-oriented analysis, design, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Good working knowledge of REST API and complex JSON data
- Experience in implementing CAS, JWT, or OAuth2 is a plus
- Experience working with Docker, OpenShift, and Kubernetes is an added advantage
- Experience working remotely with a global team is a plus
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience working with Angular and Mobile frontend is a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse software development technologies and techniques