Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs is a software company focused on developing the next-generation policy enforcement infrastructure and system software. NextLabs provides large enterprises with active, policy-driven control of information networks used anywhere by employees, contractors, and partners. Our policy management platform and real-time enforcement solutions enable centrally managed information control policy across all applications, data, and digital business processes.
NextLabs is looking for a highly motivated Solution Engineer who is passionate about developing complex solutions for our strategic customers based on NextLabs’ data-centric security product line. You will help define solution strategy, drive design and technical implementation, and deliver innovative solutions. You will work on diverse projects from gathering customer requirements to implementing the solution, providing Information Security and Compliance solution for Global 2000 companies.
This position requires excellent client services and technical skills; expertise with design and implementation of information security software, identity and access management system, or enterprise software; and documentation experience. Successful candidates should have a high energy level, experience within consulting organizations, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both business and technical audiences.
- Engage with leading customers and strategic partners to identify and define solution requirements.
- Provide direct on-site support as a subject matter expert on high-profile or complex customer and partner engagements.
- Architect, design, communicate and deliver end-to-end Information Control Solutions
- Performing portions of integration technology architecture and infrastructure design activities
- Participating in troubleshooting and debugging technology integration problems
- Lead partner team in delivering customer solution
- Mentor and guide the consultants on the team
- Participate in the product roadmap and product strategy definition.
- Working experience in enterprise software, consulting, systems integration, or IT is a plus.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Hands-on Java and Web Services programming skills
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming or scripting languages (Java, C++, Perl, Python, etc.)
- SOA and J2EE
- Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2)
- LDAP, Active Directory
- Windows or UNIX administration
- Identity Management
- Network Security
- Data Security and Policy Management
- Digital Rights Management
- Product Presentation skills
- Experienced in working with and interacting with enterprise customers
- Solution development experience for enterprise software
- Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Familiarity with Security Infrastructure is desirable
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Travel may be required when needed