Increase in Adoption of Data-Centric Security Software Fuels 100+% Growth in NextLabs
Organizations are Being More Proactive in Combating Breaches and Safeguarding Information Sharing
San Mateo, CA – March 30, 2016 – NextLabs, Inc., a leading provider of data-centric security software to protect business critical data and applications, announced their annual revenue for 2015 more than doubled from the previous year. The company is on track to continue this level of growth for the current calendar year.
One of the reasons for the company’s strong growth trajectory is the increasing need of organizations to make data-centric security solutions part of their overall security portfolio. Companies are recognizing the importance of enhancing their current network-centric security strategy to include a comprehensive data protection strategy. NextLabs solutions ensure that data is protected whether it resides in an application or is being shared in documents and files by employees and third parties – on premise or in the cloud.
NextLabs is the only vendor with a comprehensive offering to secure applications and data in documents and files, which is built on the XACML standard attribute-based policy platform powered by its patented dynamic authorization technology. The company provides a full suite of solutions to ensure end-to-end data protection.
- Entitlement Management enables companies to apply attribute-based access control (ABAC) to determine who has access to specific data within their applications and what they can do with the data. It utilizes Externalized Authorization Management to separate the authorization process from the application resulting in more consistent enforcement and facilitates changes in authorization policy.
- Enterprise Digital Rights Management protects all documents and file types as users share information internally and with external partners. Receivers of information are granted certain privileges related to the protected information. This prevents unauthorized viewing, editing and sharing. Deep application integration allows NextLabs to transparently and automatically apply persistent protection when the data leaves the application.
- Out-of-the-Box support offers deep application integration with leading enterprise applications such as ERP, PLM, CRM, SCM, DMS/ECM, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and cloud storage.
- Document Classification facilitates classification of data so that it can be properly protected. This can be done in batch or ad hoc fashion making classification on an enterprise scale possible.
- Control Center is an attribute-based policy platform that allows organizations to enforce, scale and automate security controls across applications and data repositories so they are closely aligned to business policies. The platform is powered by the patented Dynamic Authorization technology, which enables organizations to make authorization decisions, based on very specific information, called attributes, which can be about the user, the data, and/or the environment. These attributes allow factors, such as citizenship, department, location and network, to play an important role in whether someone can gain access to sensitive information.
Together, these solutions help customers identify and protect sensitive data, monitor and control access to the data, and prevent regulatory violations and ensure overall compliance.
Organizations – across industries and the federal government – are finding that the additional real-time contextual information leveraged during the authorization process greatly improves the level of control and degree of compliance while greatly reducing the probability of loss and theft. Whether trying to achieve regulatory compliance, more secure partner collaboration, or prevent data breaches, organizations can utilize dynamic authorization technology and data-centric security software to meet their objectives.
“Companies have discovered that securing the network is not enough,” said Keng Lim, CEO & founder of NextLabs. “They need to protect the data itself and that additional layer of protection can make the difference in preventing both cyber-attacks and wrongful disclosure of sensitive information. We help our customers secure their most critical assets – their applications and their data – wherever they are.”
NextLabs®, Inc. provides data-centric security software to protect business critical data and applications. Our patented dynamic authorization technology and industry leading attribute-based policy platform helps enterprises identify and protect sensitive data, monitor and control access to the data, and prevent regulatory violations – whether in the cloud or on premises. The software automates enforcement of security controls and compliance policies to enable secure information sharing across the extended enterprise. NextLabs has some of the largest global enterprises as customers and has strategic relationships with industry leaders such as SAP, Siemens, Microsoft, and IBM. For more information on NextLabs, please visit http://ec2-34-238-18-140.compute-1.amazonaws.com.