NextLabs Announces Solution for Microsoft SharePoint Information Governance
With NextLabs Compliant Enterprise 3.6, enterprises can now govern Microsoft SharePoint to protect intellectual property, manage entitlements, and audit activity on SharePoint data across servers and clients
September 17, 2008
San Mateo, CA – NextLabs®, Inc., the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management software for Global 5000 enterprises today announced the upcoming release of Compliant Enterprise® 3.6, its extensible, XACML-based Enterprise Entitlement Management system that allows enterprises to configure, administer, enforce, review, and audit fine-grained access policies and authorizations across applications. The new release enhances the native security or Microsoft SharePoint to allow organizational or corporate policy to be centrally applied across SharePoint sites to govern the use of SharePoint, ensure compliance, and minimize information risk.
In the Gartner, Inc. report, “Key Issues for Establishing Information Governance Policies, Processes and Organization, 2008” published February 29, 2008, analysts Toby Bell, Debra Logan, and Ted Friedman, stated, “If not stored, protected, harnessed and metered effectively, information is wasted, weakens in value, or can pose many risks. Information governance has become a business imperative, and company leaders’ ability to apply equal rigor to managing all components of information across the business information supply chain will affect business performance, partners and prospects.” (1) With NextLabs Compliant Enterprise 3.6, companies can continue to leverage the powerful collaboration features of Microsoft SharePoint within a governed environment that ensures safe and effective collaboration. The solution optimizes and enhances SharePoint with:
- Intellectual Property (IP) Protection for SharePoint: When SharePoint is used to manage valuable IP, it is critical to have consistent controls to prevent inappropriate access and data loss. With Compliant Enterprise, policy enforcement extends from the SharePoint server to the on- or off-line client to prevent unauthorized information sharing to prevent data loss, conflict of interest or create information barriers between project teams.
- Entitlement Management for SharePoint: Confidential information is often inappropriately shared through collaboration systems like SharePoint. Compliant Enterprise provides centralized entitlement management with fine-grained access control to SharePoint applications and data. Entitlements are managed centrally and applied across all SharePoint servers and sites for both internal and external users.
- Compliance Auditing for SharePoint: Information governance reporting helps lower the cost and complexity of compliance audits, exposes governance risks, and measures the efficiency of SharePoint enabled business processes. Compliant Enterprise provides centralized, comprehensive visibility into enterprise information flow, application and data use, and access administration across SharePoint servers and sites.
- Information Lifecycle Governance for SharePoint: Compliant Enterprise provides visibility and control over information lifecycle on SharePoint to ensure that the proper controls are applied to data as it moves from concept to content through the collaboration process.
Compliant Enterprise is built on NextLabs industry-leading policy server platform, based on patent-pending technology and the XACML standard, and offers the industry leading Policy Studio with policy lifecycle management.
“Customers need an information governance solution that accelerates ad-hoc collaboration, as opposed to slowing it down,” stated Andy Han, NextLabs’ VP & GM of Products. “With Compliant Enterprise 3.6, companies using SharePoint now have the tools to protect IP, centralize entitlement management, streamline compliance audit and apply controls throughout the information lifecycle. NextLabs provides a unique solution that addresses SharePoint data on the server and client.”
Compliant Enterprise 3.6 will be available within 60 days. For more information, please call 800-898-3065 or visit NextLabs on the Web at https://www.nextlabs.com.
NextLabs®, Inc. is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management software for Global 5000 enterprises. Our software offers a cohesive solution for improving compliance and mitigating information risk by preventing internal and external data loss, eliminating conflict-of-interest activity, and ensuring proper access to applications and data. Our flagship products, Enterprise DLP and Compliant Enterprise®, combine identity-driven policy with fine-grained access control and data loss prevention technology to protect data and enforce entitlements. NextLabs’ partnerships with industry leaders such as IBM, SAP, Microsoft, Adobe, and PTC bring to market industry-focused solutions that combine industry best practices with turnkey applications, to meet customers governance, risk, and compliance requirements. NextLabs is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner. For more information on NextLabs, please visit https://www.nextlabs.com.
(1) “Key Issues for Establishing Information Governance Policies, Processes and Organization” by Gartner, Inc., Toby Bell, Debra Logan, Ted Friedman. February 29, 2008
NextLabs, Enterprise DLP, ACPL, Compliant Enterprise, and their corresponding logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of NextLabs, Inc. in the United States. All other company, product, or service names mentioned may be trademarks or service marks of their respective companies. @2008
NextLabs Media Contact: