Protecting the Siemens Ecosystem
NextLabs and Siemens PLM have partnered to provide an end-to-end solution to protect sensitive PLM data in Teamcenter. The NextLabs Integrated Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM) solution works with Siemens Teamcenter to protect intellectual property as product data is shared worldwide with partners, suppliers, contractors, foreign employees and joint venture partners.
The integrated solution automates the application of rights protection and metadata to documents managed in Teamcenter, and persistently protects intellectual property after it has been downloaded from Teamcenter. Unlike other solutions where protection is often limited to Office or PDF documents, the integrated solution extends protection to all file types, including NX and JT files. Protection is automatically applied based on policy, persists as documents are shared, and provides a comprehensive audit trail of how Teamcenter documents have been used.
“Customers need to collaborate globally on all aspects of the product development lifecycle. Enterprise Digital Rights Management is the most effective technology to secure critical documents that must be shared across global engineering and design operations. NextLabs is the only EDRM solution that is tightly integrated with Teamcenter. A single security and access model in Teamcenter, in conjunction with NextLabs, provides protection for information both while working in Teamcenter and for data exported out of Teamcenter. We view this as a high value unique capability that will benefit our customers.”
David Riemer, Vice President Aerospace & Design, Siemens
The solution protects data inside and outside of Teamcenter so sensitive documents are protected as they are shared. The ability to apply Digital Rights protection automatically across key information sources and stores, taking the burden of securing information away from end-users, is critical for companies to ensure data security at the source.
- Leverages Teamcenter metadata for automated tagging to secure valuable files.
- Automatically encrypts files at creation and upload.
- Applies access and usage controls to files to limit access, print and copy rights, and screen capture capability.
- Provides support for any file format including native file formats such as CAD, 3D, rich media, source code and support for Siemens NX and JT formats.
- Enables access to protected files from any device or in the native application, as well as from a HTML5 browser. Partners do not have to download client software in order to view protected files making it easy to adopt and scale.
- Automates monitoring and reporting on data use to get full visibility into IP data sharing activities.
Secure Information Sharing
- Enable product data to be securely shared between design partners, suppliers, foreign employees, joint ventures and customers worldwide by providing policy-driven protection and end-to-end audit trail.
- Enable global partners to securely collaborate on product designs in the native document formats without need for format conversions.
- Improve compliance and governance programs by automating information controls for sensitive product data, and providing a comprehensive audit trail.
Complete Data Protection
- Protect sensitive product data by controlling access and usage as data move across PLM, CAD and Visualization systems.
- Protect data regardless of where it is – in public cloud and SaaS applications or on the move.
Enterprise Digital Rights Management for Teamcenter
Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM) for Teamcenter applies protection to file-based data to enable customers to securely share their valuable intellectual property with their extended collaboration network without the risk of compromise. The solution is deeply integrated into Teamcenter to provide seamless access to rich collaboration capabilities within native applications.
Enterprise Digital Rights Management for JT2Go
Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM) for JT2Go offers built-in rights management capabilities to allow users to access protected 3D JT data format models created by Teamcenter software. EDRM for JT2Go provides seamless access and usage controls for real-time secure sharing of valuable JT files.