Audit & Compliance – Comprehensive Visibility into Material Information
Privacy regulations require companies to properly govern the use and distribution of information considered material non-public. Adequately meeting this challenge requires knowing the location of all material information, who has rights to access it, what they can to do with it, and providing comprehensive reporting.
It is unrealistic to believe that manual efforts are adequate for meeting these requirements in a timely manner. An incomplete understanding of the information landscape, coupled with the inability to track information use and distribution activities, prevents compliance.
The NextLabs Audit and Compliance solution enables businesses to:
- Monitor information usage to understand who is accessing and distributing information that is governed by regulations.
- Provide auditors with attestations of proper entitlements and proof of controls over regulated information.
- Improve analysis to better understand the use of information with the knowledge of the level of associated risk.
- Provide reports grouped by regulatory mandates to make the review process easier.
- Provide basis for gap analysis with activity monitoring and automated intervention processes.
Inventory of Material Information
The solution identifies material information, its location, and the rights associated with its use, which are used to determine if the proper controls are in place and for reporting purposes.
This capability inspects, aggregates and analyzes material information in key repositories and determines the proper level of rights protection according to policy.
Audit and Monitoring
All data access and usage activities are tracked so any issues or improper actions can be noted and acted upon proactively – eliminating unexpected results during audits.
The solution streamlines the reporting process and provides customizable views and dashboards to meet audit requirements.