Cloud Support Engineer – AWS
Location: San Mateo, CA
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We are looking for a Cloud Support Engineer to be a vital part of our dynamic global IT team. We are looking for candidates with a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The responsibilities include to support, maintain and keep our SaaS applications & infrastructure up and running 24×7. This role is a mid-level position and offers tremendous growth opportunities. Selected candidate will be part of the group that builds, maintains and supports infrastructure and a chance to get into a growing company at the ground level.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with supporting high availability SaaS infrastructure and know what it takes to make them running, secure and maintainable.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills across full-stack including application, database and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with SaaS development and deployment on AWS
- Excellent problem solving and automation skills
- Work closely and collaboratively with development, quality assurance engineers and support engineers
- Identify and propose/add improvements to technical documentation based on support issues
- Troubleshoot and fix any infrastructure issues identified internally or in the production deployments
- Experience with automation performing security updates, daily backups and data loads
- Strong Unix/Linux scripting skills
- Monitor applications and infrastructure 24×7
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Skills you will Need to Have
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent education and/ or experience
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in software industry
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing and working with systems deployed on AWS infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of AWS Services (Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, EC2, Route53, VPC,S3, CloudWatch,)
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Experience debugging issues with high volume web applications
- Strong technical aptitude for learning complex systems and processes
- Strong people skills and communication skills
- Strong understanding of web platforms (load balancers, web servers, data servers)
- Strong knowledge or ability to learn web protocols and troubleshooting tools (HTTP/S, TCP/IP, browser console, remote desktop, network traffic, etc.)
- Very positive attitude
- Ability to change focus based on business priority.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong English language proficiency both written and spoken
- Ability to support a 24×7 production environment