SAP Technical Functional Consulting Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA or Home Office
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for software engineering professionals to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and access control solutions for both on premise customers and SaaS. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
NextLabs partners with SAP to provide solutions across the various SAP applications for electronic export control, secure engineering and supply chain collaboration, and data security. SAP Dynamic Authorization Management by NextLabs (SAP DAM) and SAP Enterprise Digital Rights Management by NextLabs (SAP EDRM) have been certified by SAP as add-ons to the ABAP programming language, which integrates with SAP ECC, SAP S/4 HANA and SAP PLM. It extends standard SAP authorization to provide policy-driven, fine-grained access control, dynamically authorizing users to access specific business data within SAP solutions based on data classification, user identity and other attributes.
Candidates selected for this position will be part of the US NextLabs Professional Services team implementing NextLabs’ SAP Solutions for customers around the globe. This position participates in requirements analysis, solution design and development, implementation, solution testing, customer training, and stabilization support for NextLabs’ SAP Solutions. This position offers excellent technical career opportunities for eager and motivated candidates.
Candidates for this position must be US Citizens or hold a US Green Card.
- Install and Configure NextLabs SAP Solutions based on customer requirements
- Design and implement solutions based on the NextLabs’ patented authorization management. Platform
- Design and develop policy models, policy sets, and compliance reports needed for NextLabs’ solutions
- Configure and customize SAP Transactions/Fiori Apps with NextLabs Solution functionality
- Develop unit test plans and create test cases that reflect Customers’ use cases
- Train customers to use NextLabs Solutions
- Help with creating training and end-user documentation
- Coordinate with other technical teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components that interface with NextLabs’ SAP Solutions
- BE/BS degree in computer science or engineering
- 5 years of SAP R/3 and S/4 HANA experience in both Technical and Functional areas, including
- Experience in ABAP development and in Fiori development
- Technical and functional understanding of SAP modules such as MM, PP, FI, QM and SD
- Development experience using ABAP objects and Web services
- Experience with the SAP Enhancement Framework
- Must be familiar with SAP modules such as GRC, PLM, EasyDMS and must have implemented solutions to satisfy regulations such as ITAR, EAR, GDPR.
- Must be able to analyze, create system specifications, develop tests and implement business solutions utilizing SAP R/3 and SAP S/4 HANA applications and technologies
- Must be able to quickly master and adopt new technologies and products
- Must have good communication skills and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- 50% or more travel to customer sites is required for this position.
Additional skills and experience that would differentiate a candidate include:
- Experience implementing existing SAP Business Package content and developing custom content in Java, Web Dynpro or BSP
- Experience in working with commercial databases and J2EE servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss etc
- Hands on experience and understanding of SAP Security Model and IAM technology