Senior SAP Software Engineer
Location: San Mateo – CA
NextLabs® is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to be part of the development and support effort in creating the next generation data protection and entitlement manager products. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries. NextLabs’ flagship data protection and entitlement management products, Enterprise Data Protection and Compliant Enterprise®, combine with the Control Center XACML-based policy management platform with integrated content aware and identity-driven enforcement technology to offer the most comprehensive information risk management (IRM) solution. Our products preserve confidentiality, prevent data loss, and ensure compliance across more channels and more points, within a single unified solution with the unmatched user acceptance and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
NextLabs partners with SAP to provide solutions across the various SAP applications for electronic export control, secure engineering and supply chain collaboration, and data security. The NextLabs Entitlement Manager and Data Access Enforcer are SAP-endorsed business solution that helps customers enhance compliance, reduce risk of data breach and wrongful disclosure, and enable secure partner collaboration. Entitlement Manager and Data Access Enforcer have been certified by SAP as an add on to the ABAP™ programming language, integrates with SAP S/4 HANA, ERP 6.0, and meets the requirements for running on the SAP technology platform. It also integrates with the SAP Product Lifecycle Management (SAP PLM) application, Release 7.0 and above. It extends standard SAP authorization to provide policy-driven, fine-grained access control, dynamically authorizing users to access specific business data within SAP solutions based on data classification, user identity and other attributes.
- Research and develop new functionality and extension for NextLabs Entitlement Manager and Data Access Enforcer for SAP Business Suite
- Design specifications for new custom solution based on customer requirements
- Develop, configure and implement the solution as per NextLabs standards to meet customer requirements
- Develop unit test plan and create test cases
- Work with the QA team to design test plans, test cases and on automation
- Help with creating training and other end-user documentation
- Coordinate with other technical teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components that interface with NextLabs Entitlement Manager and Data Access Enforcer for SAP Business Suite
- BE/BS degree in computer science or engineering
- 5 years of SAP R/3 and S/4 HANA experience including:
- Experience in ABAP development and in Fiori development
- Technical and functional understanding of SAP modules such as MM, PP, FI, QM and SD
- Development experience using ABAP objects and Web services
- Experience with the SAP Enhancement Framework
- Must be able to analyze, create system specifications, develop, test, and implement business solutions utilizing SAP R/3, S/4, and associated NetWeaver applications and technologies.
- Must be familiar with SAP modules such as GRC, PLM, EasyDMS and must have implemented solutions to satisfy regulations such as SOX.
- Must be able to quickly master and adopt new technologies and products.
- Must have good communication skills and should have a proven ability to meet deadlines without compromising quality.
- Additional skills and experience that would differentiate a candidate include:
- Experience in working with commercial databases and J2EE servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss etc.
- Hands on experience and understanding of SAP Security Model, IAM technology, and developing custom content in Java, Web Dynpro or BTP