Senior Test Automation Engineer
You are a deep security-focused technologist with proven track record of performance engineering for large scale systems, have hand on Experience in developing automation testing. In addition, you are able to work independently with little direct supervision, take initiative and are willing to mentor and develop others.
- You will be responsible for designing and developing Functional, Usability, Regression, Deployment, Automation test plans
- Develop and execute Automation test cases based upon requirements and Customer/Field use cases
- Participate actively in functional, system and regression testing activities.
- Innovating new ideas for automation and tools for overall QA productivity
- Working with product designers and developers in every sprint to promote quality
- Reproducing bug reports from the field and writing clear steps to reproduce
- Running cross-platform testing (Windows, Linux, CentOS and Solaris)
- Certifying the products for various DBs (Oracle, postgres, SQL etc)
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Working with cross geographical R&D engineering, support and QA teams
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience, a portion of which was within a global enterprise software company.
- Design experience with product engineering background and have released and maintained multiple enterprise software products
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills with a proven ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment
- Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas in a large group
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills within an organization
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision and take initiative; willing to mentor and develop others
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to react quickly to changing requirements due to product limitations or driven by enterprise needs
- Experience in multi-threaded programming is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working with Cross Functional Teams effectively
- Strong understanding of Agile development methodologies and release management techniques
- Must have experience writing automated test scripts for Selenium/JUnit/JMeter/Robot framework
- Experience in testing for Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms
- Experience in functional, white and blackbox testing
- Expertise in testing methodologies and test processes
- Writing test cases and test scenario documents
- Experience in testing thin client and web based application.
- 5+ years of hands on RDMS experience, including database testing and data migration tools
- Experience in web services(REST/SOAP) Testing
- Experience in developing/executing Performance and scalability Testing
- Experience in High Availability is added advantage