Staff Software Engineer (Java)
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises, has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to be part of the development effort in creating the next generation data protection and entitlement manager solutions. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for highly motivated candidates who are passionate about the art and science of software development, possess a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a loosely structured organization and be capable of working on a number of assignments in parallel.
- Explore new technologies & solutions to complex problems, create prototypes
- Discuss with Product Management and establish the Functional Spec and the Design Documents for NextLabs products & solutions
- Define, design, and develop products and related components
- Deliver best in class architecture, solution, and code
- Take the lead on enhancing the performance and scalability
- Guide Quality Assurance & Technical Publications teams with testing and documentation
- Work with Professional Services to ensure the solution is supportable
- Coordinate with other technical teams including the NextLabs China and US teams to ensure compatibility with other NextLabs components and deliver as an integrated solution.
- BE/BS degree in computer science or computer engineering from a good university with good academic results
- Strong software engineering skills in core Java – standalone applications, scalable web applications involving extensive design and coding
- Strong Object-oriented analysis and design skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Experience with Docker and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes
- Experience in RDBMS databases and Java ORM technologies like Hibernate
- Experience in client-side UI technologies like jQuery and AngularJS is a plus
- Experience in cloud ecosystems like AWS and Azure is a plus
- Proactive, great team player
- Minimum of 8 years experience