Technical DevOps Support Engineer
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
NextLabs® (www.nextlabs.com), a Silicon Valley technology company, is the leading provider of policy-driven information risk management (IRM) software for large enterprises in the Data Center and Cloud. Our customers include many prominent enterprises in Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, and High-Tech Manufacturing and Engineering industries.
We’re looking for a Technical DevOps Support Engineer to be a vital part of our dynamic global IT team. We are looking for candidates with a strong can-do attitude, and want to be part of a world-class team with a passion for excellence. The responsibilities include Configuring, Supporting, Maintaining and Optimizing all new and existing Production, Developer and QA infrastructure and systems. Leverage proven technologies to support end-users, automate system administration and provisioning operations to attain efficiency and provide visibility.
- Govern and monitoring, deployment, testing, reporting and troubleshooting of all assigned equipment, systems, applications, and all associated Production, Developer and QA infrastructure and systems.
- Implement, Support and troubleshooting information systems and technology solutions in support of business needs.
- Experienced in designing and implementation and maintaining of public cloud infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud.
- Automation and provisioning of infrastructure on the cloud using CloudFormation, Shell and Python.
- Configuration and management of networking on the cloud using VPC, Route 53, Network Security Groups.
- Good understanding of principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes including Git.
- Work with various cloud providers to support and run infrastructure used by our SaaS products.
- Operate, deploy and enhance components of our ecosystem such as VPC Load Balancers, CloudFront, Firewalls, CI/CD rigs, orchestration, security infrastructure, monitoring and alerting tools, etc.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Keep customers informed about impending maintenance window, software deployment and infrastructure upgrades.
- Understand, champion, and enforce security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Track work activity, service tickets, or project tickets in Jira, SharePoint and other project tracking tools.
- Designated local IT support.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure that SLA for our 24/7 production and supporting environments is maintained.
- Performs preventative maintenance and manage problem resolution and upgrades
- Manage and maintain ITIL, documented inventory of software licenses, inventory of computers and other hardware, network, system and network backup procedures, and any other IT processes.
- Strong and effective inter-personal and communications skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff and subordinates.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years’ experience supporting a high availability publicly facing product with 24/7 uptime and 99.9%+ SLA.
- BE/BS in Computer Science/Engineering/IT plus 4+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge in scripting language such as Python and/or Shell
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) planning and management
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to ‘deep dive’ in troubleshooting applications and systems monitoring using various technologies such as Nagios, Cacti, New Relic, Graphite, CloudWatch, Kibana/Logstash or Splunk
- Desire to automate everything.
- Understanding of enterprise security tools and methodologies (SOC, PCI, ITIL, and etc)
- Experience with any ITIL products a plus
- Self-starting and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Passionate, proactive, great team player
- Effectively prioritize deliverables and manage workload to meet deadlines.
- The ability to multi-task and work across a range of projects and issues with various timelines and priorities.
Interested candidates may email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org