How Do You Protect Intellectual Property and Comply with Export Regulations in a Global SAP Deployment?
Traditionally, companies implemented separate Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) systems for each business unit or region, providing system-level data segregation. As companies consolidate systems and business processes in global deployment, enterprises face an ever more difficult challenge complying with export regulations, protecting intellectual property across their engineering and supply chain networks, and ensuring data security and segregation.
NextLabs Information Risk Management solutions can help SAP customers:
- Automate electronic export control,
- Secure engineering collaboration,
- Secure global supply chain collaboration,
- and Enhance data security
enabling the provision of global shared services and harmonization of business processes. NextLabs Information Risk Management solutions for use with SAP are built on the NextLabs Entitlement Manager. Click here to find out more about key functions and capabilities.
NextLabs Information Risk Management solutions for SAP provide end-to-end protection for critical SAP data in four key steps:
- Authorize – NextLabs solutions will help SAP customers codify and centrally manage authorization requirements using standards-based XACML policies. NextLabs provides out-of-the-box best practice policy templates covering export control, intellectual property protection for engineering and supply chain collaborations, and data security.
- Classify – NextLabs solutions will help SAP customers classify their critical data and users. SAP data can be classified by inheritance or association or with user inputs. Proper data and user classification ensure authorization policies can be properly enforced.
- Control Access – NextLabs solutions seamlessly control data-level access consistent with authorization policies to help SAP customers comply with export regulations, secure engineering, and supply chain collaboration, and enhance SAP data security.
- Audit – NextLabs solutions provide centralized logging of all authorization policy decisions, simplifying compliance reporting.
Securing Critical SAP Data
NextLabs Information Risk Management solutions provide complete protection for the SAP ecosystem across a broad spectrum of industries, including Aerospace and Defense, High Tech, Chemicals, Industrial Machinery and Components, Energy, and Life Sciences.
NextLabs’ SAP partners, including IBM and HCL AXON, are trained on these solutions using best practice methodologies to help businesses lower their cost of compliance and protect their intellectual property while supporting global collaboration.