Protecting the SAP Ecosystem
NextLabs partners with SAP to provide advanced data-centric security solutions for several SAP applications. NextLabs’ solutions for SAP provide enterprises with a centralized policy-driven solution to secure SAP applications and protect data across the enterprise and in the cloud.
SAP applications supported natively by NextLabs includes SAP ERP, SAP S/4HANA®, SAP Fiori®, SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP Customer Relationship Management, SAP ERP Human Capital Management, SAP Product Lifecycle Management, SAP Document Management System, the Public Sector Management module, and the Collaboration Folders application.
“NextLabs is a long-time, trusted SAP partner with years of deep experience helping global SAP customers protect their sensitive information and intellectual property from theft and misuse. NextLabs ABAC solutions for Dynamic Authorization Management complement SAP GRC’s flagship Access Control solution allowing SAP customers to flexibly, rapidly and cost-effectively secure their mission-critical information assets.” (Kevin McCollom, Global VP & GM of SAP’s GRC Solution Portfolio)
NextLabs data-centric security solutions for SAP provide:
- Authorization – SAP customers can centrally manage authorization requirements using an attribute-based policy platform to provide more granular authorization decisions.
- Classification – NextLabs solutions help SAP customers classify their critical data. SAP data can be classified by inheritance or association or with user inputs. Proper data classification ensures authorization policies can be properly enforced.
- Access Control – Organizations can seamlessly control data level access to ensure SAP customers comply with export regulations, maintain secure engineering and supply chain collaboration, and enhance SAP data security.
- Audit – NextLabs solutions provide centralized logging of all authorization decisions, simplifying compliance reporting.
NextLabs provides end-to-end protection for critical SAP data:
- Improve compliance with regulations such as SOX, NERC/FERC, ITAR, HIPAA and other corporate governance mandates.
- Prevent violations by monitoring all data usage activity.
- Enhance protection of intellectual property by securing any type of document in SAP.
- Enable secure access to SAP applications through fine-grained entitlement management.
- Reduce cost of access management and minimize role explosion by using attributes and centralized policies.
- Improve audit results by centrally logging all authorization decisions and comprehensive reporting.
- Centrally manage and enforce data access policies consistently across all SAP and enterprise systems.
Entitlement Manager for SAP
Entitlement Manager for SAP works with the SAP Access Control application to extend role based access control using attributes about the user, the data and the environment. It enables customers to enforce business authorizations with fine-grained controls to ensure only authorized users have access to confidential information.
NextLabs Entitlement Manager is tightly integrated with SAP ERP, SCM, PLM, DMS and Business Warehouse to provide an additional layer of control to prevent unauthorized access to critical information and to restrict what users can do with the information. NextLabs also protects data in Business Warehouse and has SAP S/4HANA support. Policy-driven segregation of data ensures that information is uploaded only to specified physical content servers.
Integrated EDRM for SAP
NextLabs Integrated Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM) applies digital rights protection that follows content no matter where it goes so organizations can share their critical information internally, in the cloud, and throughout the extended enterprise, with the proper level of security controls. With Integrated EDRM for SAP, this level of protection is integrated natively with SAP Business Suite to ensure that data extracted or taken out of SAP applications is continually protected.
NextLabs Integrated EDRM for SAP offers protection to content produced in Microsoft Office applications as well as virtually all other file formats, including 2D and 3D CAD, PDF, HTML, image files, archives, source code, rich media, and more. NextLabs EDRM for SAP software delivers out-of-the-box support for SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications and various file types supported by SAP 3D Visual Enterprise, such as 3D PDF, .RH or .VDS files. The product also provides tight integration with services for objects and document management services to enable application of digital rights to existing content in an SAP repository and set policies to protect new files as they’re stored in the repository.
Files can be classified and rights protected by the user or automatically based on rules or events. Access rights policies are evaluated in real time to determine whether access should be granted upon request. The solution is easy to use and can be accessed via a rich client, mobile app or web browser – making it very easy to scale on a global basis.
Technical Data Export Compliance for SAP
Technical Data Export Compliance for SAP works with SAP GTS to manage the export of technical data. Together, Entitlement Manager and TDEC provide an end-to-end solution for export compliance, addressing the export of physical goods, digital goods and technical data. This helps automate global trade compliance by actively preventing violations; tracks and audits the export of physical goods, digital goods and technical data; and lowers the compliance costs associated with various export control regulations.